Daniel is a senior partner who has been in practice for nearly twenty years practicing in the fields of corporate and commercial law and estate planning.
As an accomplished estate planner Dan assists his clients in the preparation and execution of sophisticated estate plans designed to protect their families and their assets from exposure to estate and gift taxes.
He also assists his clients in the boardroom with a broad spectrum of contractual matters ranging from corporate structuring, acquisitions and negotiation to drafting and reviewing contracts and commercial leases. Dan also litigates for his clients in the highest courts of New York.
Daniel began his career at the Office of the Corporation Counsel, the Law Department of the City of New York and the Mayor’s Office and then was an associate at the firms Lester Schwab Katz & Dwyer, LLP and Harris Beach LLP where he practiced in the fields of products liability, pharmaceutical litigation, medical malpractice defense, mass tort litigation and general liability.
Shifting to a more commercial and corporate based practice, Daniel then served as senior associate at Sieratzki, Ceccarelli & Weprin, LLP a commercial and corporate boutique law office under the tutelage of Assemblyman David Weprin where he engaged in the practice of general corporate law, commercial litigation, and commercial and residential real estate law.
With a desire for closer client contact, Daniel entered private practice in 2002 and has since enjoyed his congenial relationships with his varied clients.
- Yeshiva University, B.A., 1993
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, J.D., 1996
- Publications Editor, Cardozo Journal of Law and Gender
- Represented The Trump Organization in the purchase of the Doral PGA Championship Golf Course and Resort.
- Represented Glaxo Wellcome, world’s largest pharmaceutical manufacturer, in a multi-million dollar complex drug litigation.
- Represented numerous Fortune 500 corporations including AIG, KFC, Porsche, Honda, Hyundai, Chrysler and Cummins.
- National Coordinating Counsel team member for the highly publicized Fen-Phen Multi District Litigation.
- Represented real estate developers Helmsley-Spear and Zaar.
Admission and Membership
- New York State Bar, 1997
- New Jersey State Bar, 1997
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- Former Junior Committee member of Project Sunshine, a non-profit organization providing free programming to children with medical challenges and their families;
- Actively involved in organizational development and pro bono legal work for Manhattan Jewish Experience;
- Avid world traveler and rescue SCUBA diver.